The policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file
According to our database, the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file is part of the Microsoft Windows Operating System product, so the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file may get onto your computer through the installation of Microsoft Windows Operating System.
Table of contents:
- The policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file's details
- The DLL files related to the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file
- The links related to the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file
- The policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll's possible errors
- Downloading the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file
- Use the System File Checker tool
- Register the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file in Windows
The policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file's details
Below, we summarized the details of the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file that has been registered by us. Of course, the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll may exist in versions differing from these.
- 5 kB (5120 B)
- Internal name:
- Original filename:
- Windows MediaCenter API Publisher Policy
- © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Product version:
- 6.3:9600.16384 (Microsoft Windows 8.1)
- Self registration:
- Windows MediaCenter API Publisher Policy
The DLL files related to the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file
Beside the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file, Microsoft Windows Operating System may install other DLL files as well. Of course, the installed files might be different by version.
The links related to the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file
We try to collect the websites where you can find further information about the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file.
The policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll's possible errors
If the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file isn't correctly installed in your system, then you may receive the following error message:
The causes of the error could be the following:
- Due to an error that may lead to losing data, the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file is inaccessible or damaged. Try reinstalling the application.
- The antivirus software may have blocked the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file's access. Check the files quarantined by the antivirus software.
- The Windows registry’s database is damaged. With the help of Windows System Restore, you can return to a previous state with system settings that still work.
Downloading the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file
We don't advise to download the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file and copy it to the Windows system directory. The software's creators almost never circulate the DLL files, they are always part of an installation set. It's the installation set's task to perform the sufficient verifications before the installation. An incorrectly installed DLL file may cause the system's complete inability to function.
If you need a DLL file in spite of the above for the sake of restoring a system, then download it from a reliable source, possibly from the manufacturer's site.
Use the System File Checker tool
To solve the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file's problems, check if the system files are intact as a first step.
System File Checker (SFC.exe) is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. For example, some Windows functions may not work, or Windows may crash.
To scan all system files, open a command prompt as an administrator and type:
This command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at System32\dllcache.
Register the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file in Windows
The Regsvr32 tool is a command-line utility that can be used for registering and un-registering OLE controls like DLL and ActiveX (OCX) controls in the Windows operating system. If you find that some of your Windows functions are not working properly, you may need to register your dll files.
To register the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file, open a command prompt as an administrator and type:
To un-register the policy.6.0.microsoft.mediacenter.dll file, open a command prompt as an administrator and type:
We regularly check all the links on our pages, but it’s possible that a link doesn’t work or it doesn’t point to the correct page. If you found an error on this page, or if you have information that should be here, then don’t hesitate. Write to us and share your useful information.
Protect the trees
If you find the information on our site to be useful, then save our page’s link or add it to your favourites. You can find the up-to-date information here later as well. In the interest of protecting the trees, please don’t print the page’s content onto paper.
Supported operating systems
Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Microsoft and Windows either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.